Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chalk Talk

As mentioned in the last post, a recent trip to the ReStore got us this never-used cabinet door for $7.


And now it looks like this.



I purchased Rust-oleum's magnetic paint and chalkboard paint at Home Depot and went to town.


Now we have a sizable and useful piece in our kitchen.

The kids love it and actually read what's written. We've used it for love notes, special reminders and to do lists. If it weren't for the chalk dust it would be my favorite accessory in the whole house.

Excuse me, I need to go write "sweep the floor" on my new chalkboard.


Disclaimer:  Please ignore the uneven edges of the white "matte." Due to the texurized nature of the specialty paint, the painter's tape allowed feathering. I plan to re-tape and caulk the tape edge before giving it a final coat. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment