I've got an idea.
Based loosely on a circle of friends talked about on Paint in my Hair, I'm starting a Friend Day on Fridays. Thus, "Fri(en)day."
Here's the scoop:
- It's for all the ladies in our Sunday school class (and their children)
- Childcare will be provided (feel free to pitch in a bit o' $ for the sitters)
- As long as weather permits, the pool will be open
- We'll start off with an informal Bible study & prayer
- We'll lunch together (I'll provide the hot dogs and finger Jell-O. You bring drinks for your kiddos and something to pass)
- Maybe we'll even throw a fun project in from time to time (spraypaint, anyone?)
Here are the goals:
- Celebrate friendships
- Encourage one another
- Challenge each other spiritually
Invites are on Facebook. See you there.