Monday, May 9, 2011

The Day for Mothers

I wasn't going to write a post about Mother's Day. After all, I've been stranded on the couch since Thursday afternoon - down for the count with some sort of sinus/throat thingamajig.

Kevin has been Mr. Mom all weekend. He dressed them, had fun with them, fed them and tucked them in bed at night. He also planned and helped cook a Mother's Day brunch for 18 people.

So I spent my Mother's Day all alone while Kevin lived out his Super Dad role. Love that man!

This afternoon I finally started feeling slightly alive and invited my mother to come spend the evening at the infirmary with me.

It's been a long time since we've spent time with just the two of us. It was fun.

We played some of this . . . 


chatted while sitting here . . . 


took a tour of the gift dad got mom for her special day . . .


and talked about this:


Mom's gone home and Super Dad and I tucked in the babies.

And I'm left with a full heart. Because in the midst of a day of Kleenex and coughing I found sweet moments with my Savior. And sweet moments with my mother. Alone time of any kind is rare around here. Yet, even though my tired body is worn down, my soul is singing.

And so much of it I owe to my mother. Not only because we spoke this evening of the omnipotence of our Creator, but also because she is a key to my spiritual heritage.

She led me to the Lord one night in 1978 in my bedroom.
She showed me Christ in her own life and actions.
She has remained faithful to her Savior and His purposes her entire life.
She faithfully teaches my children about God.

Thanks, mom! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment