Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Windy Wednesday

Michigan isn't known for hurricane-like winds. We pretty much have the cutting icy blasts of winter and then stick to pleasant breezes throughout the rest of the year.

But today . . . today we had forceful winds. The kind of wind that whips up your skirt and ties your hair in knots simultaneously. The kind of wind that makes you grip your steering wheel painfully and catches your breath when you venture outdoors.

The kind that knocks down dead trees on your property . . .

. . . and onto your basketball court . . .

. . . and through your nice fence.

Today, I don't like the wind. Or the rain (since there is wet carpet in my basement. Again.)

And I especially don't like the knowledge that there are a host of other dead trees in the "woods" just waiting to bend in the breeze. They're swaying right now, taunting me to panic and not allow my children outside. Ever again.

I may have to go purchase a chainsaw and a flannel shirt. Beware, dead trees. Be. Ware.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! What a mess! I'm so sorry this happened to you, but I have to admit that the thought of you in a flannel shirt with a chainsaw made me smile. :) I hope you can get it all fixed up soon!

    ReplyDelete