Friday, April 8, 2011

Surprise!

As I recently mentioned, we moved into a new house about 5 months ago.

There are still boxes left to unpack.

2 1/2 boxes in the boys' room and an embarrassing amount stacked in the otherwise empty dining room.

Now in my defense, most of the dining room boxes fit in to 1 of 2 categories:
  • unimportant pantry items that await a shelf
  • an abundant number of books that await a shelf.
But still, it's painfully obvious to all who enter that we are not entirely unpacked.

It's tough to unpack the unpretty stuff. My accessories were unpacked long before they had a home, but the hand-me-down bundt pan has yet to emerge from a cardboard box.

Today I had a pleasant surprise. The 3rd box in the boys' room shouldn't have been there at all. It should have been with accessories.


Because I found a spring-y piece for my mantle.


And a cute book basket for Schnickle's room.


And candles. Lots of beautiful, white pillar candles. It truly is the little things, isn't it? 'Cause in the midst of opening boring boxes filled with uninteresting items I suddenly found color!

Don't you love color?

This may just look like a box of odds and ends to you, but to me it is glorious inspiration.

Don't quit now!

No comments:

Post a Comment